Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Being back & more appointments

Well I've been back from Ocracoke since Friday evening and it has been a whirlwind of activity -- Ashley & Phil's wedding to attend on Sat., old friends to get back in touch with, BBQs, games of mah jong, the finale to the series LOST (and just for the record, I did not like it but it's hard to end something so epic) and of course prep for wedding and chemo.

There's not much to report on the cancer front--a few friends have asked if I have been feeling any ill effects from having cancer. And I haven't--all the after-effects have been due to treatment like the biopsy and surgery--in other words, I had pain after surgery (which is to be expected) and I'm still a bit sore but otherwise I'm fit as a fiddle--or feel fit as a fiddle. Whatever microscopic traces of cancer still in me that the chemo is going to eradicate (and hopefully eradicate all of it) I don't feel.

Anyway, I have an appointment to see my oncologist, Dr. Lisa Carey, next week Wednesday June 2. And then the following Tuesday, June 8, I have an appointment for a quick outpatient surgical procedure for them to put in a port by my collarbone so that on Thursday, June 10, when I start my first double-dose of chemo (they always double-dose you for your initial appointment) they can use the port for the chemo rather than stick me each time. And then it's 2 weeks off and 1 week on for the chemo schedule--which I should have confirmed by next week.

So that's all for now. Probably won't write another post until after my meeting with Dr. Carey on Wed. And when I do I promise to include photos from the wedding--esp. ones of my hair--the photographer we hired has promised to take lots and lots of photos of my hair since in about 3 weeks it's going to be gone...

1 comment: