Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

It's getting worse and the needles aren't helping

This is going to be a brief post. I had my 3rd round of AC chemotherapy today--Mai was kind enough to keep me company while Matthew was at his stats class. Like usual, I felt the effects right away. And I had my 4pm acupuncture appointment. And during acupuncture I felt better--I mean, I was still really tired/fatigued, but the nausea wasn't bad, at all--in fact, I felt fine in my belly during and then 10 minutes after the treatment.

But then, on the way home, I started to feel bad.

And then, when I got home, I immediately went to sleep.

And as I was waking up, or rather, what woke me up was that I thought I might have to rush to the bathroom because I felt so nauseous I could throw up (but I didn't).

To top it off, I'm either having an awful allergy attack or I caught a cold--my nasal passages are semi-stuffed up and I'm sneezing and constantly blowing my nose (sigh).

My symptoms seem to be getting worse as the chemo accumulates in my body. The only thing I am *hoping* for is that the taxol will be easier on me--I've been told by the nurses that it will (at least in terms of the nausea) and that the muscle and joint pain may not be something I experience because I'm relatively fit and I walk 1-2 miles every morning.

So that's the latest from me. Will try to write more about how I'm doing when I start to feel better.

1 comment:

  1. Jen -- Did you see this?

    http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/07/08/jennifer.saunders.cancer.ppl/index.html?hpt=Sbin

    Elysa

    ReplyDelete